PSRH values the roles of Country Focal Points
The PSRH Focal Points (FPs) in each participating Pacific Island country act as eyes and ears for PSRH at country level. Therefore, PSRH regards their roles as critically important to providing relevant information to the Secretariat, especially in sharing PSRH-supported maternal and newborn activities at country level. Focal Points also contribute to collating country news articles that can be featured in the PRSH quarterly newsletter. This way, we are connected across the Pacific Ocean and made aware of important events taking place in the countries.
The current FPs were appointed at the last PSRH Biennial General Meeting in Vanuatu (July 17, purely on voluntary basis. The PSRH Executive has decreed that the FPs roles are:
- To liaise between PSRH Executive and appropriate authorities in countries on matters relating to PSRH.
- To coordinate functions and activities of PSRH at country level.
- To feed relevant country information and updates to Executive, and coordinate country contribution to the PSRH newsletter
- To facilitate the implementation of PSRH Action Plans agreed to at each biennial meeting.
- To facilitate membership drive among RH professionals and advocates.
- To communicate & hold regular PSRH meeting (at least 2-3 times a year) with local PSRH members in respective countries.
- To facilitate selection of country delegates to attend the PSRH biennial meeting in line with the official procedures of each country.
- To coordinate fund-raising activities to support country delegation to BGM meetings.
- To prepare a country presentation for each BGM meeting, as appropriate and to lead the country delegation
For list of Country Focal Points, please visit PSRH website: www.psrh.org